Monday, September 29, 2008

Monday at Maymont

After finally getting ready for the day we headed to Maymont for a short trip before lunch. We visited all of our animal friends, including the bears. The new Bald Eagle exhibit has opened. It is much more impressive than I had imagined it would be.

The eagle put on a show and waddled (it had obviously been injured) across it's habitat.

Sarala was able to compare her "wing-span" to that of an eagle. (The eagle's wing span is cut off in the picture the darker color is the wingspan of a red-tailed hawk (I think).

Both girls sat in the eagle's nest bench.
I just finished making this pumpkin shirt for Kaelyn. It tuned out okay. If I made the stitch any closer together the fabric wouldn't move through and the thread kept breaking because of the stickiness on the needle. Good first attempt.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

what is the pumpkin that you sewed (?) onto the shirt. you did sew it right? i like it! good job

eml said...

I really like the shirt! It's much cuter than a plain ole store bought shirt. Did you make the pumpkins, too?

April said...

I cut it out of some fabric scraps that I had and sewed it on. Not too hard.