Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Make Me Beautiful (Basement Edition)

We have a basement. Some people are surprised when I say that because most new construction in Richmond does not. Our house was built in the 20s though and I really appreciate that it has a basement. Up to this point the basement has served as storage, a play area, my craft area, and the laundry room and extra bathroom.


While a play area is great it does not show off the true potential of this space! So, we will add a tv viewing area to the basement. And we don't own a tv, we'll have to borrow one. The basment is going to be painted a cheery yellow called banana cream- thanks to my mom and leftover paint. The color scheme will be yellow and gray. The chairs will go where the fire station was, by the stairs, and the tv will be in the area where the cart sits.

So far I have bought two dark gray ikea chairs and today I made two pillows and recovered the free ottoman that came with the chairs. Here they are, enjoy!


More to come in the near future!

No comments: